Basics Coarse Texture Medium
- Different size acrylic particles give structure and texture
- Dries to a semi-gloss, sand-like finish
- Highly flexible and adhesive. Will not chip or crack on canvas.
- Can be used on its own, mixed with color, or overpainted once dry
- Apply thickly to create bold 3D effects, or finely to give surface texture
How to Use
- Apply with knife or brush
- Can be thinned with small amount of distilled water if required
- Mix with different consistencies and ratios of acrylic color/medium to create a custom texture
- Start by adding very small amounts of color and build up as needed
- Paint when dry with acrylic color. Apply thickly for sculptural texture
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Other creatives have asked us...
What kind of texture can I create with Basics Coarse Texture Medium?
It's a sandy texture with a range of different sized particles. You can use this spread thinly to give a rough, granular surface or thicker to create 3D shape.
What are the particles made from in your Coarse Texture Medium?
They are made of acrylic and sit within an acrylic gel.
How do I apply your Basics Coarse Texture Medium?
Any way you like! We recommend starting with a flexible palette knife, as this is the easy way to spread the medium, but you can experiment with brushes, combs, cards and scrapers to get different effects.