Professional Gloss Heavy Gel
- Increases viscosity to create an oil paint-like consistency that holds knife and brush marks
- Increases surface gloss, color depth and transparency
- Extends your color further without affecting acrylic stability
- Slows drying time
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality
How to Use
- Mix as much as you like into acrylic color to increase viscosity and transparency - the more you add, the more transparent your color will become
- Can be thinned by diluting with up to 25% water - distilled water will give best results
- This is semi-opaque when wet, transparent when dry - when used very thickly it may dry semi-opaque
- Apply with a brush as a collaging glue and fixative
- Mix with Matte Gel to create a custom satin heavy body gel
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Other creatives have asked us...
You're now calling your Liquitex Gel Mediums range 'Gels & Pastes' "“ are you making adhesive pastes now?
No we wanted to be clearer in how we communicate, as we have a popular trio of modeling pastes that were being ignored in the category title. We do not make adhesive pastes. The Gels & Pastes collection includes all our gels plus Liquitex Light Modeling Paste, Flexible Modeling Paste and regular Modeling Paste for fine art applications.
How can I get really thick color?
For thick color, experiment with different additives: Gloss Heavy Gel, Gloss or Matte Super Heavy Gel, or Liquithick Additive. Each offers a unique texture - Liquithick creates structural, opaque, spongey effects, while gels provide rich transparency.
Why do paints I've used with my Liquitex acrylic gel mediums take longer to dry than ones with my fluid mediums?
Gel mediums take longer to dry than fluid mediums due to their thickness. Thicker paint layers require more time to dry.
Why do you make so many gel mediums?
Each gel medium offers distinct results, including changes in surface shine