Professional High Gloss Varnish
- 100% acrylic polymer varnish adds a high gloss sheen, protects and resists dirt retention
- Increases brightness and color saturation and dries clear to a flexible, non-tacky, hard surface
- Improves surface durability - ideal when shipping or exhibiting
- Resists discoloration - yellowing and fogging - caused by humidity, heat and UV
- Semi-opaque when wet, transparent when dry
How to Use
- Before varnishing ensure paint surface is fully dry (72 hours-two weeks depending on thickness)
- Ensure your space is well ventilated and dirt and dust-free. As this is permanent, do a patch test first
- Stir gently before use. Do not thin with water, shake or vigorously over-brush as this can result in surface bubbles and a foggy, hazy look when dry
- Use long, even strokes, covering the surface top to bottom while moving from one side to the other - don't go over bits you have missed but leave to dry and then re-varnish area. Don’t apply with a roller or sponge brush
- Apply up to three thin coats, allowing at least three hours dry time between coats. Do not attempt to remove once applied or go back over areas you have already done, as this can cause clouding
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Other creatives have asked us...
Do I need to wear a mask when spraying Liquitex Varnish?
Wear a mask and maintain good ventilation when using Liquitex Varnish. Use a suitable respirator for the working environment.
Is it possible to create a custom satin varnish?
Yes, you can mix our High Gloss, Gloss, Satin and Matte Varnishes to create your perfect level of sheen. The formulas are all compatible - just make sure you don't mix them vigorously as you may capture air bubbles and cause a cloudy effect.
Why do I need to varnish my acrylic work?
Varnishing acrylic works protects against damage, dirt, UV light, unifies sheen, and enhances color. Liquitex offers Basics and Professional varnishes.