Professional Soluvar Gloss Varnish Spray
- Mineral spirit-based varnish adds a gloss sheen, protects and resists dirt retention
- Increases brightness and color saturation and dries clear to a flexible, non-tacky, hard surface
- Improves surface durability - ideal when shipping or exhibiting
- Resists discoloration - yellowing and fogging - caused by humidity, heat and UV
- Allows for easy cleaning without fear of damaging the acrylic paint film
How to Use
- Before varnishing ensure paint surface is fully dry - 72 hours-two weeks for acrylics, depending on thickness, and 6-12 months for oils
- Stir gently before use. Use a wide, flat soft-hair brush/pad/spray. Can be thinned with up to 25% true mineral spirits
- Apply 1-2 coats of Gloss Medium as a permanent isolating barrier first and leave to dry for three days
- Once completely dry, clean the surface with a lint-free rag dampened with mineral spirits
- Apply 1-2 layers of Soluvar, leaving 24 hours between coats. Use long, even mists, covering the surface top to bottom while moving from one side to the other
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Other creatives have asked us...
Do I need to wear a mask when spraying Liquitex Varnish?
Wear a mask and maintain good ventilation when using Liquitex Varnish. Use a suitable respirator for the working environment.
Can I use your varnishes on my oil painting?
You can use all Liquitex Soluvar removable varnishes on oil paintings as these are solvent based. However our permanent varnishes are made with a water-based acrylic formula and are designed only for acrylics. These are not suitable for oil paintings.
Why do I need to varnish my acrylic work?
Varnishing acrylic works protects against damage, dirt, UV light, unifies sheen, and enhances color. Liquitex offers Basics and Professional varnishes.