With ceramic spheres for a fine, granular texture
Build flexible, cement-like, fine-grade texture with this thick acrylic effects gel.
Acrylic paints & mediums
All acrylic-friendly surfaces
Underpainting & adding tooth
Staining, color washes & glazes
Lightfast & archival
Flexible & non-cracking
Water-resistant when dry
Intermixable with all Liquitex materials
- Tiny hollow ceramic spheres add structure and texture to this 100% acrylic polymer gel
- Dries to a light gray matte stucco finish
- Highly flexible and adhesive
- Will not chip or crack on canvas
- Gives an opaque/semi-opaque appearance - the thicker you apply, the more opaque it becomes
- Can be used on its own, mixed with color or overpainted once dry
- Provides an excellent absorbent ground for acrylics, pastels and graphite - for glazing, washes and drawing on
- Apply thickly to create bold 3D effects, or finely to give surface texture
- Maintains color adhesion, durability and archival quality
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products
- Apply with palette knife or brush
- Tint with acrylic color to make a colored texture cement
- Intermix with other texture gels to get a custom effect
- Overpaint when dry with acrylic color
- To use as an absorbent ground - apply a thin layer to surface and leave to dry
- To color wash - paint over with a mix of color and Airbrush Medium
- Apply thickly for sculptural texture
- For abstract effects, apply different colors with a knife, building layers dry or wet in wet
- Can be mixed with acrylic-compatible powdered pigments
- Varnish for additional protection
- If varnishing, don't be too vigorous as this can cause clouding or foaming - spray varnish will give best results
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Tips & Techniques
Useful guides for using gessoes, mediums and varnishes
Ceramic Stucco FAQs
Other artists have asked us...
What can I use to create a hard surface for a graphite drawing?
You can obviously sketch straight onto our Professional Gessos or you could try making a ground of Ceramic Stucco - this can give an Italian fresco-style effect.
What’s your Ceramic Stucco effects medium made of?
Ceramic Stucco is made from tiny ceramic hollow spheres in an acrylic medium.
What can I use to get a cement-like effect?
We recommend using our Professional Ceramic Stucco. You can build it up in layers to create a range of finishes.