Add fluidity, with a gloss finish
Give your paint a gloss finish, while thinning and extending its volume. Or use as a collaging adhesive and fixative.
4oz/118ml | 8oz/237ml | 16oz/473ml | 32oz/946ml | 128oz/3.78L
All acrylic-friendly surfaces
Collaging & mixed media
Lightfast & archival
Flexible & non-cracking
Water-resistant when dry
Intermixable with all Liquitex materials
- Increases surface gloss, color depth and transparency
- Lowers viscosity of heavier body paints, giving increased flow
- Extends your color further without affecting acrylic stability
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products
- Mix with Matte Medium to create a custom satin fluid medium
- Can be thinned by diluting with up to 25% water - distilled water will give best results
- Mix as much as you like into acrylic color to create the viscosity and transparency you want - the more you add, the thinner and more transparent your color will become
- Stir gently to avoid creating foam - if bubbles appear, leave it to sit while the bubbles rise and disappear
- This is semi-opaque when wet, transparent when dry
- To fix pastel, graphite or chalk, mix 1 part medium to 1 part distilled water and apply with an atomizer or airbrush
- Apply with a brush/sponge as a lightweight collaging glue
- Do not shake or vigorously over-brush as this can result in a foggy, hazy look when dry
- Do not use with any non-acrylic media
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Tips & Techniques
Useful guides for working with mediums
Gloss Medium FAQs
Other artists have asked us...
Do you make a satin fluid medium?
We don't but you can mix our Gloss and Matte Fluid Mediums together to create one.
I loved Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish – why did you change it? Is it a new formulation?
No it is the same formulation - we have simply changed the name to Liquitex Professional Gloss Medium. The reason we changed it is because we now have a full range of professional varnishes which will give you a better result than using Gloss Medium to do both. Gloss Medium is an excellent fluid medium and we advise you to use one of our specialized varnishes with it.
Have you discontinued Liquitex Gloss Medium & Varnish?
No we haven't discontinued it, or changed the formulation - we have simply changed the name. It is now Liquitex Professional Gloss Medium. We advise you to use one of our specialized professional varnishes with it to finish your work.