Terms & Conditions
Liquitex Residency Program: Just Imagine - Gouache Residency
Effective date: January 14 2021
- The Liquitex Just Imagine | Gouache Residency (the “Promotion”) is run by Colart Americas, Inc. (the “Promoter”), company number 223-141-603, with its registered office at 2 Corporate Place South, Piscataway, New Jersey, 08854, USA.
- The Promotion is only open to those who are aged 18 or over and excludes employees of the Promoter and its’ group, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion. Additional entry criteria is specified at https://zealous.co/colart/opportunity/Liquitex-2021-Residency-Open-Call/.
- Promotional Period: Entries for the Promotion are open between 14 January 2021 and 5 February 2021, at 12:00 pm. Entries made outside of the announced Promotional Period will not be accepted.
- No purchase is necessary; however, internet access and an active, functioning email address is required.
- This opportunity is open to any US-based artist from the greater New York area.
- The Promotion includes a residency with a studio, materials, professional mentoring and an opportunity to show and sell your work at Manufacturers Village (located in 356 Glenwood Ave, East Orange, NJ 07019.). Full details will be specified in a separate Residency Agreement (see paragraph 21 below).
- The judging criteria: The Winner will be selected by a panel of three judges. The Winner shall be determined at the absolute discretion of the judges based on the artistic quality of the entry submitted; the likely benefit of the residency to the artist; and the artist’s interest in engaging with Liquitex materials and embracing the overall residency experience. The judges’ decision shall be final.
- Winner notification: The Winner will be notified via email by 11:59 pm on the 19 February 2021. The Winner will be required to respond within 3 days of the date of notification confirming their acceptance of the prize. If the Winner does not respond to communications within 3 days of the first notification email, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that Winner and select another Winner in the same manner.
- The residency is non-transferable, non-refundable and the materials cannot be provided to the Winner if they do not undertake the residency. If for any reason the Winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the Winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. However, the Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries, entries by or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an Entrant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that Entrant’s entries into the draw in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, or invalidate any affected entries.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of an entrant.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- By entering the Promotion, the entrant agrees to release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance, possession, attendance at or use of any prize (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- By entering this Promotion, the Winner agrees to the Promotor publishing the Winner’s name and location, subject to the Winner’s right to anonymity.
- By entering this Promotion entrants are agreeing to these Terms & Conditions.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Facebook is not the Promotor of the Promotion and is not connected with the Promotion in any way.
- Residency Agreement: The Promotion is subject to a Residency Agreement to be entered into between the Winner and the Promotor. The Residency Agreement shall detail the rights and obligations during the residency. The Promotor reserves the right at its absolute discretion to revoke the Winner’s residency in the event the Winner does not agree to the Residency Agreement.
- By entering this Promotion, the Winner assigns to the Promotor absolutely with full title guarantee and in perpetuity all its right, title and interest in and to the copyright in the artistic material created by the Winner in the course of this Promotion (together the “Contribution”).
- By entering this Promotion, the Winner irrevocably grants to the Promotor consent to make full use of the Contribution, and any extracts from the Contribution, in all media worldwide, subject to any terms agreed in the Residency Agreement.
- By entering this Promotion, the Winner irrevocably grants to the Promotor a non-exclusive licence worldwide to use, and to authorise others to use, their name and the biography, images, slogans, logos and signature provided to the Promotor by the Winner (together the “Artist Image”). The Promotor agrees that all intellectual property rights in the Artist Image shall remain the exclusive property of the Winner, subject to any terms agreed in the Residency Agreement.
- These terms and conditions are governed by English law and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.