Basics Coarse Texture Medium
Adds a sandy texture
Create a flexible, coarse-grade granular look and feel with this thick acrylic gel.
Acrylic paints & mediums
All acrylic-friendly surfaces
Underpainting & adding tooth
Lightfast & archival
Flexible & non-cracking
Water-resistant when dry
Intermixable with all Liquitex materials
- Different size acrylic particles give structure and texture
- Dries to a semi-gloss, sand-like finish
- Highly flexible and adhesive
- Will not chip or crack on canvas
- Can be used on its own, mixed with color, or overpainted once dry
- Apply thickly to create bold 3D effects, or finely to give surface texture
- Maintains color adhesion, durability and archival quality
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products - Basics and Professional
- Apply with knife or brush
- Can be thinned with small amount of distilled water if required
- Mix with different consistencies and ratios of acrylic color/medium to create a custom texture
- Start by adding very small amounts of color and build up as needed
- Paint when dry with acrylic color
- Apply thickly for sculptural texture
- Mix with Gloss Fluid Medium to create a textured glaze
- If varnishing, don't be too vigorous as this can cause clouding or foaming - spray varnish will give best results
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media
Tips & Techniques
Useful guides for working with mediums
Coarse Texture Medium FAQs
Other artists have asked us...
How do I apply your Basics Texture Medium?
Any way you like! We recommend starting with a flexible palette knife, as this is the easy way to spread the medium, but you can experiment with brushes, combs, cards and scrapers to get different effects.
What are the particles made from in your Coarse Texture Medium?
They are made of acrylic and sit within an acrylic gel.
What kind of texture can I create with Basics Coarse Texture Medium?
It's a sandy texture with a range of different sized particles. You can use this spread thinly to give a rough, granular surface or thicker to create 3D shape.