Basics Light Modeling Paste
Build texture and sculptural structure which is light in weight
An airy, lightweight acrylic putty to create heavy texture and 3D forms in places where weight is a factor.
Acrylic paints & mediums
All non-oily, absorbent surfaces
Staining & tinting
Lightfast & archival
Flexible & non-cracking
Water-resistant when dry
Intermixable with all Liquitex materials
- Dries to a hard, opaque white matte finish
- Can be used on its own, mixed with color, or painted once dry
- Can be used to add body to paint and create pastel tints
- Can be handled like a lightweight clay
- Can be painted with acrylics, oils, watercolors, graphite or dry pastels when dry
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products - Basics and Professional
- Use on rigid supports only
- Apply with knife or tool
- Mix with acrylic color to make a tinted paste
- For sculptural texture, build up in thin layers, allowing each to dry
- Dry slowly by covering loosely with plastic wrap to avoid shrinkage cracks
- Overpaint once dry with acrylics or most other media
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media
- Drying too quickly will cause cosmetic (not structural) cracks
- Do not use on flexible supports unless mixed with another medium
Tips & Techniques
Useful guides for working with mediums
Other artists have asked us...
Can I paint on top of Basics Light Modeling Paste?
Yes you can paint Light Modeling Paste when it's still wet or when dry, mix color into it or use it as it comes out of the pot - it's very versatile.
Why do you make a ‘light’ modeling paste in your Basics range?
We've found that lots of artists like using pastes on mixed media pieces and regular modeling paste can be too heavy. So if you are making a piece where weight is a factor, choose Light Modeling Paste. It's a much more airy formulation.
Can I add color to your Basics Modeling Pastes?
Yes, they are designed to be mixed with Basics paints or any from our professional range, to create bespoke, colored pastes.