Glass spheres give a
reflective, undulating texture
Build flexible, high gloss, bubbly effects with this thick acrylic texture gel.
Acrylic paints & mediums
All acrylic-friendly surfaces
Special effects & highlighting
Lightfast & archival
Flexible & non-cracking
Water-resistant when dry
Intermixable with all Liquitex materials
- Glass microspheres add shimmering structure and texture to this 100% acrylic polymer gel
- Dries to a reflective, undulating finish, for a bubble-like effect
- Highly flexible and adhesive
- Will not chip or crack on canvas
- Can be used on its own, mixed with color or overpainted with acrylics or oils once dry
- Apply thickly to create dramatic 3D effects, or finely to give surface texture
- Provides an undulating ground for acrylics and oils
- Maintains color adhesion, durability and archival quality
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products
- Apply with knife or brush
- Can be thinned with small amount of distilled water if required
- Mix with different consistencies and ratios of acrylic color/medium to create custom texture
- Start by adding very small amounts of color and build up as needed
- Overpaint when dry with acrylic/oil color
- To use as a ground - apply a thin layer to surface and leave to dry
- Apply thickly for sculptural texture
- Mix with Gloss Medium to create a textured glaze
- For dramatic reflective effects, mix with transparent/semi-opaque colors or apply 'neat' over dried paint
- For reflective textured glazes, mix with Gloss Medium and small amounts of Soft Body
- Can be mixed with acrylic-compatible powdered pigments
- If varnishing, don't be too vigorous as this can cause clouding or foaming - spray varnish will give best results
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Tips & Techniques
Useful guides for working with mediums
Glass Beads FAQs
Other artists have asked us...
Can I use Liquitex effects mediums to make acrylic skins?
Yes, but some need to be used in combination with a more flowing vehicle (a color or medium). You can add Liquitex Glass Beads, Black Lava or White Flakes to create texture, or use something like Liquitex Iridescent Medium with a color or in combination with Flow Aid Additive or Pouring Medium. Have a play and see what you end up with.
How do Liquitex Glass Beads affect the environment when they are washed down the sink?
As Liquitex Glass Beads are glass, not plastic, they do not pose the same environmental problem as micro beads and micro plastics. The glass is silica based - the same composition as sand. This is a natural material so does not absorb liquid toxins the same as plastic-based components and does not pose the same risks as marine micro plastics. In most cases, small amounts of Glass Beads are not hazardous to the environment when washed down the sink. Having said that, disposal in large quantities may have hazardous effects on the environment. Therefore, it is recommended that items that have been in contact with Glass Beads be wiped with a disposable cloth before the product is dry then washed.
Are Liquitex Glass Beads made of glass or plastic?
Our Glass Beads effects medium is made of glass beads in an acrylic gel.