Pearlescent mica gives
a reflective opalescence
Give your paint an iridescent finish, or use on its own to add surface highlights.
Acrylic paints & mediums
All acrylic-friendly surfaces
Lightfast & archival
Flexible & non-cracking
Water-resistant when dry
Intermixable with all Liquitex materials
- Gives a smooth iridescent appearance
- Increases paint transparency
- Extends your color without affecting acrylic stability
- Slows drying time to help you create more subtle color blends
- Lowers the viscosity of heavier body paints
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products
- Can be thinned by diluting with up to 30% water - distilled water will give best results
- Mix as much as you like into acrylic color to create the iridescence and viscosity you want
- Stir gently to avoid creating foam - if bubbles appear, leave it to sit while the bubbles rise and disappear
- Do not shake or vigorously over-brush as this can result in a foggy, hazy look when dry
- May temporarily lighten colors until dry
- Do not use with any non-acrylic media
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Tips & Techniques
Useful guides for working with mediums
Iridescent Medium FAQs
Other artists have asked us...
What should I use to create silvery moonlight reflections?
Try our Iridescent Medium either straight from the tube or mixed with color. You can use it as a highlight effect as it has a silvery gold quality.
How can I mix my own iridescent colors?
Liquitex Iridescent Medium will do just that - add it to any of our Professional or Basics paints or mediums and create a pearly, metallic finish.
Can I use Liquitex effects mediums to make acrylic skins?
Yes, but some need to be used in combination with a more flowing vehicle (a color or medium). You can add Liquitex Glass Beads, Black Lava or White Flakes to create texture, or use something like Liquitex Iridescent Medium with a color or in combination with Flow Aid Additive or a Pouring Medium. The different Matte, Gloss and Iridescent Pouring Mediums give you a range of lustre effects options to experiment with. Have a play and see what you end up with.