Add maximum body and
a matte finish
Reduce shine, extend volume and dramatically thicken, while extending open time - or use as a strong collaging adhesive.
8oz/237ml | 16oz/473ml | 32oz/946ml
Acrylic paints & mediums
All acrylic-friendly surfaces
Impasto & sculptural applications
Preparing exterior walls for murals
Blending & softening edges
Collaging, decoupage & mixed media
Lightfast & archival
Flexible & non-cracking
Water-resistant when dry
Intermixable with all Liquitex materials
- Dramatically increases viscosity to create a stiff, oil paint-like consistency that holds high peaks and sculptural shape
- Reduces surface gloss, increases color depth and transparency
- Extends your color further without affecting acrylic stability
- Slows drying time and gives minimal shrinkage
- Acts as a heavy-duty collaging adhesive
- Primes rough exterior walls for gesso application before mural painting
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality
- Do not vigorously over-brush as this can result in a foggy, hazy look when dry
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Tips & Techniques
Useful guides for working with mediums
Matte Super Heavy Gel FAQs
Other artists have asked us...
Why do you make so many gel mediums?
Each gives you a unique result - changing surface shine, thickness or transparency depending on what result you are after. Have a look at the individual descriptions for more detail.
Why are some acrylic mediums milky, some translucent and some clear when wet?
Some acrylic mediums are milky because of the water content within the emulsion. Others include matting agents that make them appear milky, while other mediums are formulated with a clear resin, giving them greater clarity both wet and dry.
What is the best Liquitex medium to use for collaging with heavy objects?
Liquitex Matte Gel and Matte Super Heavy Gel offer the strongest adhesive qualities and will therefore be the best choices if you're using heavier objects in your collage.