Silver mica adds
a metallic luster
Give paint a metallic silver effect or use on its own to add silver surface highlights.
Acrylic paints & mediums
All acrylic-friendly surfaces
Metallic effects and highlights
Lightfast & archival
Flexible & non-cracking
Water-resistant when dry
Intermixable with all Liquitex materials
- Gives acrylic color a metallic silver luster
- Adds silver surface highlights when used straight from the bottle
- Extends your color without affecting acrylic stability
- Slows drying time to help you get more subtle color blends
- Lowers the viscosity of heavier body paints
- Slowly stir as much as you like into acrylic color to get the metallic luster and viscosity you want - transparent colors give the best results
- Squeeze from the bottle and paint on neat for a semi-opaque silver effect
- Compatible with all Liquitex products
- If bubbles appear when stirring, leave to sit while they rise and disappear
Take a closer look
Airbrush Medium FAQs
Other artists have asked us...
Can I use your Acrylic Ink in my airbrush? And if so, do I need to thin it?
Yes, Acrylic Ink can be used in your airbrush. We recommend you use it with Liquitex Airbrush Medium for optimum atomisation. Always remember to clean it out immediately after use as you would with any other acrylic media.
My acrylic paint dries too fast. What can I do?
We suggest you first avoid adding water to your paint and minimize heat and air flow in your painting environment. Secondly. make use of acrylic mediums to extend the color, especially Slow-Dri Fluid or Gel, Airbrush Medium or Slow-Dri Fluid or Gel Additive. All of these will extend the open time and workability of your color. Remember that only one additive should be used within a color mix as combining additives can compromise the paint film stability.
I’ve been given a bottle of Airbrush Medium but I don’t have an airbrush – can I do anything else with it?
Yes! You can use it to thin all types of color, or to create excellent washes and stains of color. It also gives your paint a watercolor effect.