Form resinous strings of color
Create long honey-like strings of glossy, wet-look color which you can use for textured effects.
8oz/237ml | 16oz/473ml
Acrylic paints & mediums
All acrylic-friendly surfaces
Dripping & splattering
Lightfast & archival
Flexible & non-cracking
Water-resistant when dry
Intermixable with all Liquitex materials
- Turns paint into a viscous, sticky consistency so you can form strings of color
- Dries to a 3D form with wet-look shine
- Increases surface gloss, color depth and transparency
- Extends your color further without affecting acrylic stability
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products
- For best results, mix with Soft Body Acrylic or Acrylic Ink
- Mix with Iridescent Medium or other mediums to get different effects
- Stir gently to mix color in evenly
- Pour, drip or brush out to achieve different results
- Paint over with a brush or spray to highlight the 3D texture
- This is opaque when wet, transparent when dry
- Add acrylic-compatible powdered pigments or aggregates to make your own effects
- If varnishing, don't be too vigorous as this can cause clouding or foaming - spray varnish will give best results
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Tips & Techniques
Useful guides for working with mediums
String Gel FAQs
Other artists have asked us...
Can I paint over String Gel to create texture?
Yes, just leave it to dry first and then over-paint with acrylic color.
Do I use a brush with String Gel?
You can drip and guide it with a brush or you can use the non-brush end to drizzle it. Try our splatter brush or a spoon to create different effects.
What is String Gel?
It's a viscous, honey-like acrylic formula that can be mixed with color or used on its own. It holds its shape when dry and has a wet-look finish.