Vibrant color applied with strong, dimensional brush strokes gives a classic impasto style. You need a thick consistency paint and a selection of brushes and tools to apply.
Heavy Body Acrylic. It's our thickest professional quality acrylic, and can be paired with Liquitex gel mediums for a matte or silky finish - we leave that choice up to you.
- Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic - offers brilliant pigmentation, with a thick, buttery smooth consistency that's ideal for creating and retaining shapes, including high peaks and heavier brush strokes. No chips, no cracking, just a crisp, flexible paint film
- Super Heavy Gesso - can be mixed with color and used as a base for structural impasto effects
- Gloss Gel - gives increased flexibility and extra sheen
- Gloss Heavy/Super Heavy Gel - both are great for adding body and extending open time for improved color blending
- Matte Gel - gives your color a stiffer, matte feel
- Matte Super Heavy Gel - gives a matte finish with extra body and open time for improved color blending
- Liquithick Additive - increases the impasto viscosity without changing color - use it sparingly to prevent shrinkage
- Modeling Paste/Lightweight Modeling Paste - give a firmer structure which will eventually set hard, so these should be used on ridgid supports only
- Flexible Modeling Paste - gives structure with flexibility so you can use on canvas