Professional Airbrush Medium
- Pre-filtered and pre-reduced to thin all consistencies of acrylic paint and mediums ready for spray techniques
- Reduces airbrush clogging and paint build-up around nozzle
- Increases transparency
- Makes paint behave like a watercolor, wash or stain
- Mixes well with other mediums to adjust body and handling qualities
How to Use
- Start by using in a 1:1 ratio with Soft Body Acrylic or Acrylic Ink, adjusting levels according to color chosen as each varies due to pigment size and and concentration
- Airbrush nozzle size and spraying pressure will determine your ratio, so experiment to get the optimum mix
- Stir gently until the mixture is fully blended - if bubbles appear, leave it to sit while the bubbles rise and disappear
- If using with Heavy Body, strain once mixed to remove any particles of undissolved color
- Clean out immediately after use before acrylic has a chance to dry
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Other creatives have asked us...
I've been given a bottle of Airbrush Medium but I don't have an airbrush can I do anything else with it?
Liquitex Airbrush Medium can be used for creating washes, stains, or thinning acrylics.
Can I use water instead of Liquitex mediums to thin my paints and for fluid techniques like airbrushing, flow art and pours?
We suggest you use Liquitex Mediums for thinning and fluid effects in order to maintain the integrity, color strength, and archival quality of acrylic paints.
Can I use Pen Cleaner to flush out my airbrush?
Yes you can. Do this as soon as you finish working, before the ink has a chance to dry.