Professional Glazing Medium
- Increases color depth, transparency and surface gloss
- Dries quickly for rapid layering
- Lowers viscosity and minimizes brush strokes
- Extends your color further without affecting acrylic stability
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality
How to use
- Use with transparent and semi-transparent colors for rich glazed effects. Mix with Slo-Dri Medium or Slow-Dri Fluid Additive if you want to extend working time.
- Can be thinned by diluting with up to 25% water - distilled water will give best results
- Mix as much as you like into acrylic color to create the viscosity and transparency you want - the more you add, the thinner and more transparent your color will become
- Stir gently to avoid creating foam - if bubbles appear, leave it to sit while the bubbles rise and disappear. Apply to dry, painted areas to change coloration without losing established detail.
- Color will temporarily lighten and then return to its original level when dry
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Other creatives have asked us...
How do I create glazed effects?
We recommend using transparent colors from our Acrylic Ink or Soft Body ranges mixed with our Professional Glazing Medium.
What's the point of a Glazing Medium?
Our professional Glazing Medium makes it easier to achieve professional results - it increases color transparency, thins and boosts gloss so you can create jewel-like glazes.