Acrylic Marker Set - 6x15mm - Vibrants
Most orders ship within 1 to 2 business days. See expedited shipping options at checkout.
- Made with fine art pigment
- Precise control
- Highly lightfast
- Satin finish
- Doesn't move when varnished
- Range of opacities
- Fine detail
- Collage & mixed media
Lightfastness | How long will it resist fading?
- Each pigment is rated on scale by the American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM). Liquitex paints are all rated ASTM I (excellent) or II (very good) and considered permanent and lightfast for 50-100+ years in gallery conditions. Our metallic and fluorescent colors are naturally less lightfast.
Opacity/Transparency | We communicate opacity/transparency clearly on our packaging based on three categories:
- Opaque: these colors do not allow light to pass through the color layer and offer the best coverage or hiding power.
- Semi-opaque: these allow for some light to pass through the color layer and sit between opaque and transparent colors
- Transparent: these colors offer the least coverage and allow light to pass through the color layer to the surface below.
Pigments come from a variety of sources and have different prices according to their rarity, processing and milling costs. We group our colors into a 'series' pricing structure according to how much each one takes to make. Series 1 colors contain the most inexpensive pigments, while Series 4 and 5 color contain the most expensive pigments.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Other creatives have asked us...
If your Acrylic Markers are water-based, does the paint wash away when it gets wet?
No, when wet, our Acrylic Markers can be cleaned up with water, and the paint easily washes off your hands and skin. Once dry, the paint is permanent, durable, and weatherproof and won't wash off.
How should I varnish work made with Acrylic Markers?
Varnish artwork made with Acrylic Markers after 24 hours of drying. Use Liquitex Professional Spray Varnish for best results with fluorescent colors.
How should I store my Acrylic Markers?
Store Liquitex Acrylic Markers horizontally to maintain color consistency. Avoid storing vertically with the nib facing down.
How much coverage can I achieve with one Acrylic Marker?
One Acrylic Marker provides comparable coverage to other paint marker brands, covering approximately 0.5 to 2.5 square meters, depending on marker size.
How do I activate an Acrylic Marker?
To activate an Acrylic Marker, shake it well, depress the nib a few times, and ensure the nib isn't over-depressed to avoid flooding.
Can I use your Acrylic Markers with my solvent-based spray paint?
Yes, providing the spray paint is thoroughly dry, our Acrylic Markers can be used with solvent-based spray paint.
Can I replace the nib on my Acrylic Marker?
Easily replace Acrylic Marker nibs with our available nib packs for fine and wide markers.
How do I clean up after using your Acrylic Markers?
Clean up after using Acrylic Markers with soap and water while wet. Once dry, they are permanent and durable.
I have paint leaking and dripping out of the nib on my Acrylic Marker. What do I do?
Paint leaking from the nib is likely due to over-pressing. Wipe away excess paint, shake the marker, and avoid vigorous nib pumping to prevent flooding.