Basics Acrylic Set - 6x22ml - Metallics & Iridescents
- Medium viscosity
- Fine art pigments
- Satin finish
- Easy blending
- Range of opacities
- Fully AP certified for safety & educational use
- All painting techniques
- Sketching & underpainting
- Color theory/mixing
- Collage & mixed media
Most orders ship within 1 to 2 business days. See expedited shipping options at checkout.
Lightfastness | How long will it resist fading?
- Each pigment is rated on scale by the American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM). Liquitex paints are all rated ASTM I (excellent) or II (very good) and considered permanent and lightfast for 50-100+ years in gallery conditions. Our metallic and fluorescent colors are naturally less lightfast.
Opacity/Transparency | We communicate opacity/transparency clearly on our packaging based on three categories:
- Opaque: these colors do not allow light to pass through the color layer and offer the best coverage or hiding power.
- Semi-opaque: these allow for some light to pass through the color layer and sit between opaque and transparent colors
- Transparent: these colors offer the least coverage and allow light to pass through the color layer to the surface below.
Pigments come from a variety of sources and have different prices according to their rarity, processing and milling costs. We group our colors into a 'series' pricing structure according to how much each one takes to make. Series 1 colors contain the most inexpensive pigments, while Series 4 and 5 color contain the most expensive pigments.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Other creatives have asked us...
Are Basics paints different opacities, like your pro range?
Basics paints have varying opacities; check labels for each color's opacity level.
Can I get a different consistency of Basics paint?
Basics paints maintain a consistent medium viscosity across all colors for versatility. We also offer Basics Acrylic Fluid for a more fluid viscosity in addition to our regular medium viscosity basics paint.
If Basics paints are so good, why would I bother with your pro range?
Professional paints offer more pigment intensity, diverse consistencies, and formats, along with a wider color range and specialized mediums.
What's the difference between Basics and professional paints?
Basics and professional paints differ in pigment load, consistency choices, pricing, and range of colors.
Why are Basics paints cheaper than pro paints?
Basics paints are more economical due to lower pigment content, striking a balance between affordability and quality.
Why would I use Liquitex Basics Acrylic Fluid product in addition to Liquitex Basics Acrylic?
Liquitex Basics Acrylic Fluid offers artists a paint that is more fluid and flowing than Liquitex Basics Acrylic. This viscosity can be beneficial when covering large surfaces quickly is desired as the fluid nature allows it to cover without brush strokes. It is also ideal when painting with fine detail as it flows off the brush easily and when mixing with fluid mediums such as Professional Pouring Medium.