LIQUITEX RESIDENCY PROGRAM
Open Call 2023
Announcing the launch of our 2023 artists residency series in East Orange, NJ. Lasting for eight weeks, each residency is a unique opportunity to work in a private studio stocked with Liquitex materials, within a community of over 50 creative makers. The workspace is a bright, airy loft in Manufacturers Village, originally an industrial complex built in the 19th century.
Just imagine how your practice could progress with the space, materials, freedom and time to explore, while you gain knowledge and make connections with other artists. We will provide professional development coaching and technical support on the materials you use.
For 2023, we have two residencies opportunities working with different materials. Find out more below.
Who can apply?
- You must be a US-based artist and able to commute to the studio in Manufacturers Village in East Orange, NJ
- You must be a visual artist with a minimum active art practice of at least two years
- You must not be engaged in another residency during the residency period
- Artists currently without a designated studio for their practice are preferred
- You agree to regularly share images of work in progress, and participate in any photography and films produced by Liquitex during the residency. These images/films may be used on Liquitex's digital, print and public platforms, as well as other media channels
Liquitex Just Imagine Residency
Keen to experiment with multiple formats, formulations and ideas? We are looking for an artist with an open approach, wanting to progress their practice with color and mediums from our Professional and Basics acrylics ranges. All of our materials are compatible so you can work freely, selecting across collections to layer, combine and see where it takes you.
Date - August 15–October 10, 2023
Liquitex Professional Research Residency
Want to be the first to work with new materials from our lab? We are looking for an artist who has an experiment approach to their work and is keen to provide insights and feedback on new acrylic formulations or formats. The residency is focused on our Professional acrylics range and along with your selected materials, you will be given some never-before-seen products to work with. You then have the unique opportunity to suggest new techniques and uses for the materials before they are launched.
Date - November 7, 2023–January 16, 2024
Artist selection is conducted by a team of outside industry experts who will assess acording to these points
- The quality of the work
- The potential benefit of the residency to the artist
- The artist’s interest in engaging with Liquitex materials and embracing the overall residency experience
All residencies take place in a private studio space, but dates are dependent on local Covid restrictions.