Discover our Just Imagine artists residency series in East Orange, NJ. Lasting for eight weeks, each residency is a unique opportunity to work in a private studio stocked with Liquitex materials, within a community of over 50 creative makers. The workspace is a bright, airy loft in Manufacturers Village, originally an industrial complex built in the 19th century.
Just imagine how your practice could progress with the space, materials, freedom and time to explore, while you gain knowledge and make connections with other artists. We will provide professional development coaching and technical support on the materials you use.
More info coming soon.
Who can apply?
- You must be a US-based artist and able to commute to the studio in Manufacturers Village in East Orange, NJ
- You must be a visual artist with a minimum active art practice of at least two years
- You must not be engaged in another residency during the residency period
- Artists currently without a designated studio for their practice are preferred
- You agree to regularly share images of work in progress, and participate in any photography and films produced by Liquitex during the residency. These images/films may be used on Liquitex's digital, print and public platforms, as well as other media channels
Artist selection is conducted by a team of outside industry experts who will assess acording to these points
- The quality of the work
- The potential benefit of the residency to the artist
- The artist’s interest in engaging with Liquitex materials and embracing the overall residency experience
All residencies take place in a private studio space, but dates are dependent on local Covid restrictions.